Distance Learning MBA
There are various approaches to learning. Full time programmes at all levels require a career break of some sort. This may be acceptable especially for short courses or where you get leave of absence but you also have to consider access, location, timing, the quality of the group and of the deliverer. Local courses may be of restricted quality and you may not be able to afford overseas courses.
A distance learning MBA provides a number of alternative approaches. One form, often described as Distance Learning, is effectively a type of part-time programme. Infrequent but regular attendance is required and there are time schedules and group involvement. The content and quality of these programmes is dependent upon the local delivery and the quality of the local student group. Whoever is offering the course and however prestigious they are, this is a critical aspect to probe. True Distance Learning basically involves conventional home study, supported by a variety of aids and Tutorial support. High quality Distance Learning MBA programmes, although sometimes dismissed as correspondence courses offer a lot of advantages.
Most distance learning MBA programmes offer a realistic level of time flexibility and can be studied in remote locations and even if you move during the course. They provide access to acknowledged centres of excellence and one of the features you should look for is that the same course is delivered in the home territory. Distance Learning is available for all levels of skill and knowledge, whether training or education. Distance Teaching is probably the best for practical skills, when detailed feedback on performance and performance improvement is required. Distance Learning is very effective for courses leading to professional qualification or degrees. It is most relevant when you require access to a large body of knowledge and feedback on assignments, presented as written reports, is appropriate. There are a wide variety of Distance Learning courses, of both types, offered by UK institutions.
A critical question of how you can assess the quality of a distance Learning MBA programmes. Where possible look first for equivalence. Some UK Universities, like Durham, offer their MBA programmes through a variety of routes. Although the process is different the end result is the same. For a Distance Learning MBA programme the course offered is defined by the course material and is therefore open to inspection. All students should get the same experience so check most carefully that the same programme is offered in the institution’s home territory, this is one of the strongest indicators of a quality programme. Access to these programmes is probably more realistic for relatively isolated students. Independent guidance can also be given by professional institutions or organisations such as AMBA or professional institutions, who represent the participants view impartially.
- Online MBA programs, The Continuing Development of Internet Technology
- Online MBA Programs. The online MBA is a relatively new development and as such there are very few business schools that are offering an MBA program entirely online. Many online programs still require students to attend mandatory residential courses as part of their syllabus. The length and frequency of these "contact" sessions vary depending on the school and program.
- Why do an MBA, Diverse Opportunities, Demand for Training
- Why do an MBA? - Diverse Opportunities. Recent years have witnessed a rapid growth in the UK and international MBA market. The increasing demand for training in what is now routinely accepted as the graduate management degree is in part due to the MBA's growing reputation with senior executives in the business world.
- MBA Rankings, Are a Great Way for Perspective Students to Select
- MBA Rankings. MBA rankings are a great way for perspective students to select between the best business programs offered at reputable universities. With future students in mind four main sources, The Financial Times, Business Week and The Economist publish a list of universities that offer the best program to earn a Master's in Business Administration. Taking the MBA rankings into account, perspective students will have a general idea of the status and value of their future degree in the business world. When selecting a school students should be aware of these rankings, even though they are debatable since they are seen by so many hiring companies.
- MBA Rankings, Business Week and U.S. News & World Report
- MBA Rankings. The ranking of business schools has been a controversial subject for a number of years. It is only recently, however, that they have become popular with the press, publicized and generally accepted. As a matter of fact, one of the principal reasons for the rankings has been the ability of the articles to boost the circulation of the magazines.
- Executive MBA programs, Designed specifically for working professionals with significant experience, one type of part-time Executive MBA
- What is the Executive MBA? Designed specifically for working professionals with significant experience, the Executive MBA or EMBA is much more than just one type of part-time MBA program. EMBA students may be sponsored both financially and through release time by their employing organisations, and continue to work full-time while enrolled on the program. While courses vary, many EMBAs are built around a series of short modules and may not take much longer to complete than the full-time MBA.
- Full-time MBA
- A global MBA with an Asia Pacific focus. Students can choose an Asia specific track such as China, Japan or Vietnam. Hawaiiâs only AACSB accredited MBA program. The cohort format fosters teamwork and peer learning