MBA Spells Magic, Brilliant, Amazing
If you have an MBA from a British business school, such as Luton Business School, then you can expect things to change for the better. If you are already in, or plan a career in management, then an MBA is one of the most prestigious qualifications you can have.
And if your MBA is from a British school, then you can expect a magic combination of both management theory and management practice. Luton Business School, like many other British institutions of applied higher education, prides itself on its important balance of contemporary theory and practice. The core belief is that theory on its own is likely to be too rigid and constraining.
Practice without reference to theory, however, is likely to be a dangerous game of chance. By involving both staff and students, most of whom are industry managers, in the whole teaching experience, there is a powerful fusion of contemporary relevance and practice.
The British MBA programme of study is not designed to produce a production line of managers who all apply the same theories to every situation, but rather it encourages debate and values the differences between the organisations whose managers represent a typical MBA study group. In this way, it inspires its students to develop management solutions that are brilliant through their simple matches to an organisation's own strategic needs, culture and environment. Formula-driven, off-the-shelf techniques have no place in a programme that demands individual solutions developed by individuals.
By embarking upon a course of MBA study at Luton Business School, you will signal to your existing or future employers your commitment to taking charge of your own career and building your strategic skills in readiness for increased management responsibility. You may be tempted by the fact that on average the 8,000 people who study British MBA programmes every year increase their salaries by 27%. That's quite amazing and you'll also be amazed by the increase in your own self-confidence and your esteem among your peers.
If you feel that you would like to experience a British MBA programme, Luton Business School offers a variety of ways to study, including the Weekend Business School, the part time MBA and also the full-time programme which commences each Autumn. Amaze yourself; pick up the telephone and call the MBA Helpdesk at Luton Business School on + 44 (0) 1582 743945 and get full details of how you too can add a little magic to your career in management.
Author: Neville Hunt, Luton Business School, University of Luton
- Distance Learning MBA UK, There are Various Ways that you can go about Studying
- Distance Learning MBA from a UK business school There are various ways that you can go about studying for your MBA. It is likely that full-time programmes will not be for everyone Ã¢ÂÂ often they require a career break, or at least some amount of extra time away from work, since the majority of those on MBA courses are already established business professionals. Clearly, the time off and potential loss of income is in many cases not an option.
- MBA in the UK, So you have taken a big decision - you want to get an MBA
- Study an MBA in the UK So youÃ¢ÂÂve taken the big decision - you want to get an MBA. There is no doubt that as a qualification it is well-respected by employers around the world. MBA courses can vastly improve the prospects and quality of your career, enabling you to reach the highest echelons of the business world Ã¢ÂÂ particularly those from a UK business school. YouÃ¢ÂÂve made a good choice.
- Why do an MBA, Diverse Opportunities, Demand for Training
- Why do an MBA? - Diverse Opportunities. Recent years have witnessed a rapid growth in the UK and international MBA market. The increasing demand for training in what is now routinely accepted as the graduate management degree is in part due to the MBA's growing reputation with senior executives in the business world.
- Distance Learning MBA, Full Time Programmes at all Levels
- Distance Learning MBA. There are various approaches to learning. Full time programmes at all levels require a career break of some sort. This may be acceptable especially for short courses or where you get leave of absence but you also have to consider access, location, timing, the quality of the group and of the deliverer. Local courses may be of restricted quality and you may not be able to afford overseas courses.
- Online MBA programs, The Continuing Development of Internet Technology
- Online MBA Programs. The online MBA is a relatively new development and as such there are very few business schools that are offering an MBA program entirely online. Many online programs still require students to attend mandatory residential courses as part of their syllabus. The length and frequency of these "contact" sessions vary depending on the school and program.
- Full-time MBA
- A global MBA with an Asia Pacific focus. Students can choose an Asia specific track such as China, Japan or Vietnam. Hawaiiâs only AACSB accredited MBA program. The cohort format fosters teamwork and peer learning
- Full-time MBA
- The Full-time MBA is an intensive one year programme, which offers a rigorous and challenging process of personal and management development.
- Part-time MBA
- The Part-time MBA is a 3 year part-time programme, designed for those working in a wide variety of managerial, technical and professional roles.