Conveniently situated 90 miles (150km) west of London and 50 miles (80km) south of Birmingham, The Business School at the University of Gloucestershire has origins dating back to 1834. Today, it is a large business school, with 2,500 students, 600 of whom are postgraduate.
We offer a range of flexible postgraduate and executive professional opportunities, as well as undergraduate courses, in the areas of accounting, business management, computing, marketing, human resource management, and hospitality. Studying here, you will benefit from a current and vocationally relevant experience - feeling stretched and challenged at times, but never abandoned.
Located just 15 minutes walk from the lively and cosmopolitan centre of Cheltenham, the Business School is based at The Park in 24 acres (10 hectares) of tranquil and spacious parkland that was originally a Victorian pleasure garden. Today, the green open spaces and wonderful trees create a relaxed space in which to socialize and study. Blending the contemporary and the traditional, the buildings are a mix of historic villas, award-winning architecture and cutting edge computer labs.
Everything in One Place
Excellent facilities are available on-site, including accommodation, refectory, shop, launderette and medical centre. The Student Union, with a bar, entertainments space and JobShop is also based at The Park.
The Learning Centre houses the business and computing collections and there"s excellent access to a wide range of on-line databases and journals. Student workspaces with computer access, wireless networks, quiet study spaces and rooms for group activities complete the picture. The computing laboratories on site have state-of-the art facilities including dual screens, industry standard software for games and multi media design and sound recording facilities.
Why Choose Us?
Our growing reputation - we"re leaping up the league tables:
- Consistently ranked amongst the best modern universities by the Independent Good University Guide
- Top 5 University for environmental performance (People and Planet Green University League Table, 2009 )
- Top 8 University for Most Employable Graduates at 97% (HESA, 2008)
- Ranked 8th in the UK for Events, Leisure, Tourism & Hospitality courses (University Guide 2009, Guardian)
- Member of Association of Business Schools (ABS) and European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- Over 50% of the University"s r esearch has achieved international standard (Research Assessment Exercise 2008)
- University was awarded 'broad confidence' in its quality and standards - the highest category which can be achieved (latest report from Quality Assurance Agency, 2005)
- Links with international partners such as: University of Liechtenstein; Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences, Austria; University of Zagreb, Croatia; and Kalaidos University, Zurich
Specialist business degrees
All our courses emphasize personal development, alongside subject specialisms. Our MBA programmes requires at least two years" relevant experience. We recruit talented, creative individuals who wish to contribute both to their own development and to that of their organizations. Course design emphasizes general management concerns, particularly decision and change in order to help students become confident, creative and capable managers.
We also offer the DBA (Doctorate in Business Administration) for those who want to achieve the highest levels of personal insight and professional competence. This degree enables you to gain an understanding and perception of managerial work that cannot be attained by other means.
Full details of the course content and fees for our programmes can be found on our web site
For enquiries, please telephone: +44 ( 0)1242 714500, email: