For more than 100 years, Oklahoma City University has provided students from 60 countries across the globe with a personalized educational experience.
Oklahoma City University is located in the state’s capital, Oklahoma City. The moderate climate and central location within the United States make Oklahoma City an ideal place to live and study. With a population of almost 1,000,000 the Oklahoma City metropolitan area is one of America’s most vibrant and culturally rich cities. It offers visitors and residents a diverse range of educational, social, recreational and cultural opportunities.
“U.S. News & World Report ranks Oklahoma City University as a
regional top-tier, master’s-level university”
- OCU is a private, United Methodist, comprehensive, master level university with a liberal arts core curriculum that is located on 104 park-like acres in the heart of Oklahoma City.
“Recognized by America's 100 Best College Buys
for academic excellence and value”
- 60+ Undergraduate Degree Programs, including Biology, Business, Computer Science, Dance, Education, History, Kinesiology & Exercise Studies, Mathematics, Music, Nursing, Philosophy/Religion, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Theatre
- 12 Graduate Degree Programs, including Accounting, Computer Science, Criminology, Education, Law, Liberal Arts, M.B.A., Music, Nursing, Nonprofit Leadership, TESOL
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Practice (PHD)
- 14:1 student/faculty ratio ensures personal attention
- All classes are taught by professors, not graduate assistants
- 80% of faculty hold the highest degrees in their fields
- More than 2,100 undergraduate students and 1,700 graduate students
- Is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges. Particular program areas are also accredited by nationally recognized organizations.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Multicultural Student Affairs is the representative of the international organizations on campus. Annual events include FACES, an international cultural show; the International Food Fair and the Mr. and Miss OCU International Pageant.
- The International Friends Program allows international students to form friendships with Oklahoma families while sharing and learning about one another’s cultures.
“Forbes named OKC #16 of 20 Top College Towns for Jobs and #3 on
Business Weeks's Forty Strongest U.S. Metro Economies”
- Career Services helps students prepare for their future careers through career counseling, resume preparation, interview and job search strategies and on-campus job fairs.
- Easy access to internships and other experiential learning opportunities at government agencies, national corporations, regional and local businesses, and nonprofit organizations.
EXCEPTIONAL FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Each year OCU awards scholarships to more than 80% of eligible and promising international freshman, transfer, and graduate students. Scholarships are based on academic merit or performance.
ALL ABOUT OKLAHOMA CITY (OKC)
“Named one of the "Best Places to Live in North America" by Places Rated Almanac, Fortune magazine ranked OKC the #1 place to start a small business and ranked #6 in Best Places for Young Adults by Portfolio.com ”
- The largest Asian district in Oklahoma is a five-minute walk from campus. Shopping malls, downtown Oklahoma City, lakes, cinemas, entertainment, and the Ford Center, home of Oklahoma City's NBA team The Thunder are only minutes away from campus.
- One of the lowest costs of living of any city in the United States.
- A moderate climate with four distinct seasons.
LEARN EVEN MORE AT: OKCU.EDU/ADMISSION/INTERNATIONAL