Sam Houston State University
Located in the historic town of Huntsville, the university is rich in tradition and Texas hospitality. Located just 70 miles north of Houston, the largest city in Texas, Huntsville combines the friendly environment of a small town with proximity to the conveniences of a large metropolitan area.
As part of the Texas State University System, Sam Houston State University is one of the fastest growing universities in Texas and serves one of the most diverse populations of any educational institution in the state. Reasonable tuition rates combined with personal attention, exceptional faculty and outstanding academic programs make SHSU one of the best educational values in Texas.
Facts about Sam Houston State University:
- Five colleges: Five colleges: College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Criminal Justice
- College of Education
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Degrees offered 79 undergraduate, 52 master"s programs and five doctoral programs
- Highly skilled, experienced faculty; 70% of faculty members hold doctoral or terminal degrees
- Personal attention and access; 1:20 faculty to student ratio
- Small class sizes; average class is 30 students
- Classrooms equipped with high-speed internet connection
- Pre-professional programs, ranging from dental to veterinary medicine
- Top 5 in the state for music
- Top 25 in the US for theater and dance
- Only accredited bachelor"s degree in the US for banking and financial institutions
- One of the nation"s largest programs in criminal justice
- Diverse student body of more than 16,000, with students representing 55 countries
- New recreational sports and aquatic facility
- Comprehensive wellness programs for students
In many cases, students develop close, productive relationships with faculty members and U.S. students that last much longer than the time spent on campus.
The curriculum at the English Language Institute is designed to provide the necessary language and cultural skills for international students to enroll in academic degree programs at SHSU as well as to successfully complete the TOEFL and GRE/GMAT test requirements.
The Office of International Programs hosts various programming activities throughout the academic year, including social and cultural activities, as well as informational workshops. In addition, we provide monthly trips for grocery shopping/sightseeing in the Houston area. Our staff assists non-immigrant students with the paperwork required to obtain F-1 visas, as well as advice and guidance for maintaining their status while in the United States.
International students - general information:
International undergraduate admissions: Contact:
International graduate admissions: Contact:
English Language Institute
Click on a course below to view more information.
Make an enquiry
Fill out the form below to make an enquiry regarding this college.