Priming future leaders to the world’s most glamorous industry!
SHML is owned and managed by Lausanne Hotel School graduates who earned distinctive marks as international hoteliers, managing branded hotels and resort properties. The combination of careers and shared visions gave impetus to the conceptualization of SHML’s product, relying on an innovative academic program that is in harmony with a corresponding and customized practical experience.
SHML Swiss college of Hospitality Management is Switzerland’s first Boutique Hotel Management School, inspired by the service standards and management of Relais & Chateaux properties and Leading Hotels of the World.
Trend setting hospitality brands are fast-paced. Driven by global opportunities, their demand for qualified employees is explicitly announced to the world, offering a career and bright future to successful candidates. Good news is when on the supply side of the equation the market responds with adequate numbers to fill the gap, including a wide range of profiles to match specific demands.
Branded and non branded hotels share the same hope of recruiting the right employees for a stable and long-term relationship, but the loss is high, due to the freedom of choice for further opportunities AND resources that are performing below expectations.
Recurrent negative comments from hotelkeepers are about students’ practical inadequacies for internships, questioning the standard of teaching and claiming to be entirely relied upon for the on-the-job training. Consequently, hoteliers are increasingly reluctant in offering interesting internship opportunities to students, thereby precluding potential openings for future careers.
SHML curriculum was conceptualized by hoteliers for hoteliers, including a very comprehensive practical component for indisputable competence within front-of-the-house operations. The program is then progressing to supervisory and managerial levels, ensuring to include subjects material for a comprehensive hospitality education. Depending on the programs, corresponding internships are planned and followed up. Hoteliers are aware of hoteliers needs, progression needs to be gradual, and core operations need to be mastered before claiming a leadership position.
Enrolling at SHML implies life, study and practice within a multi-operation hotels and restaurants environment. Students have no choice but interacting on a continuous mode with SHML owners, partners, lecturers, staff and real customers: real life has distinct flavor, a promise is a promise.
Swiss Hotel Management school, Lenk
SHML practicing class
Improve your hospitality knowledge and skills with our experienced instructors
SHML at a glance
Among the extensive family of Swiss and non Swiss Hotel Management Schools, SHML stands out with arguments of its own:
- SHML is Swiss owned and managed. Faculty members, also Swiss or EHL graduates, are all experienced hospitality managers.
- Our students live, study and practice in a fully operational hotel campus comprising 3 distinct business operations, for a real operational life experience.
- Our courses are designed by hoteliers for today’s international hoteliers. The programs are reminiscent of EHL earlier educational pattern, which produced generations of fine hoteliers, and set the standard for most hotel schools worldwide.
- We are intending to remain a small school, a boutique, guaranteeing personalized attention to all students.
- We are determined to revive the service rituals that have characterized the glamorous hotel ambiance of the past. The academic part of the education is supplemented by coherent practical routines with real customers.
- We have entered agreements with distinguished hotel groups such as Orient Express Hotels, Trains & Cruises, GHM, Swiss-Belhotel International, South Pacific Management and Genesis Hotels & Resorts. These groups are open for SHML students’ internships and careers. Careers may begin from the first internship for students who demonstrate willingness to perform and succeed.
- SHML has a Board of Advisors composed of prominent Hoteliers who have made history during the past decades, who have mainly graduated from EHL, or are ex Peninsula Hong Kong executives.
- Hans Jenni, President of GHM,
- Fritz Sommerau, Head of hospitality services at the Hong Kong Jockey Club,
- Onno Poortier, former President of Peninsula Group Hong Kong,
- Gavin M. Faull, President of Swiss-Belhotel International
- Ms. Claire Wellings, Head of Hospitality Faculty, University of Gloucestershire
- Mr. Miguel G. Cerqueda, President of Genesis Hotels & Resorts.
- SHML has signed a managed progression agreement with the University of Gloucestershire which enables our students who have obtained their Higher Diploma or their Associate Degree in Hotel Management to do a 38 weeks top up BA in Strategic Hospitality Management in the UK.
- SHML is working with AJA for our Quality Management Systems to be an ISO certified institution.
Click below to view the SHML Ebrochure:
For more information contact us
by mail at:
SHML Rawylstrasse 23,
email us at
or visit us at www.shml.ch
or call us at +41 33 7363335
Click on a course below to view more information.
Make an enquiry
Fill out the form below to make an enquiry regarding this college.